Pebble has been around my wrist for more than 2 years now. The journey for Pebble and myself started with being the first smartwatch/wearable. Till date it continues to be my most recommended smartwatch. In the last 2 years, Pebble came out with 4 new models. The Pebble Steel, Pebble Time (owned), Pebble Time Steel (owned) and Pebble Time Round.
I backed Pebble Time and Pebble Time Steel. They were announced in February 2015. The experience with Classic Pebble help build my confidence on Pebble as a brand. This was also my first reviewed gadget, that marked the beginning of my blogging journey. This blog is all about revisiting Classic Pebble (Red) after 2 years of owning it.
The Classic Pebble, is my personal favourite casual watch. During the prime time this model featured on my wrist even with business dressing. This is more of a weeknight and weekend watch now. The most prominent feature of Pebble has always been the always on screen and battery life. It was due to this, that it accompanied my during my week long vacation without any fears of . The watch only consumed 30% battery with bluetooth turned off during the 7 days of being away from home.
The best thing about Pebble brand is, they haven't forgotten about the Classic Pebble. Even after 3 years since release, the recent software update brings the new look and feel to this old watch.
The 5 things that new software brought to Classic Pebble are:
- Timeline - the most amazing feature which integrates the Calendar events to Pebble smartwatches. This allows the user to check the forth coming events from the home screen. The Down scroll shows future events and the Up lists the past events.
- Weather updates - the Timeline now provides access to weather updates on the watch. Earlier this required a supported watchface to get the weather information.
- More apps - Classic Pebble can now have apps that integrate with Timeline.
- Unlimited Apps - the new Pebble Time app allows access to more than 8 apps on the Classic Pebble. This was the major restrictions on the older software.
- One phone app for all Pebbles - before the update the user had to install 2 apps on the phone. One for Pebble and Pebble Time. Now only Pebble Time can manage all the Pebble smartwatches.
Customer Service Experience
The update isn't the only reason for me to love and recommend the Pebble brand to co-workers and friends. Mid of 2015, one fine day my smartwatch stopped vibrating for the notifications or alarms etc. After using it for 2 days without the vibration, I decided to drop an email to Pebble Support. The email was only intended to see a user fix for the issue.
Considering the watch was 1.5 years old, I wasn't expecting much. The reply from Pebble was a pleasant surprise. They wanted details about the issue, the serial number, pictures and my shipping address. Another week and Pebble sent an email saying they are shipping a brand new Classic Pebble to me with Zero Cost. Yes, that's right FREE of Cost. Now I had a new watch after 1.5 years of using the current one. Awesome feeling!!!
The small gesture of Pebble to replace the non-working Pebble, shows their respect towards the customers. They sure had a Happy Customer. Yet sad, they still don't have direct sales in India.
If you are wishing to start your smartwatch journey, there is nothing better than Pebble. Visit Pebble's official website - Pebble.com for more information.