Sometimes simple things to us might be complicated for the others. I realized this few days ago during a family gathering. My cousin of same age asked me about how to set up hotspot on the Android phone. The hotspot could help her enjoy the free data on the husband's phone. Hotspot is also known as Tethering or Internet Sharing.
The first thought, it's quite simple to setup Hotspot on Android. Then I thought, of the first statement here - some things simple for you, might be complicated for others. I thought of talking about Hotspot for your benefit and ease.
Word of Caution: Mind you this is going to be a short post compared to the previous ones.
- Connect multiple devices to access the internet
- Pay for one device's mobile data and enjoy on the internet on many
- Quick connection via WiFi on laptops, tablets, smartwatches, and smartphones
- Sharing of the internet, in times of emergency.
How to setup on your device:
- Open the Settings app.
- Under "Wireless & networks," tap More.
- Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Tap Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Tap and change the option that you want to customise.
a. Network name: name_of_your_choice
b. Security: WPA2 PSK (recommended)
c. Password: 8 characters long
- Tap Save.
- Open Settings > Mobile Data.
- Tap on Mobile Data options.
- Open Mobile Data Network.
- A menu will appear, scroll down the page to Personal Hotspot.
- Type in your APN (check with your service provider for this or Google it!)
- Personal Hotspot will now be available in Settings menu.
To use hotspot on the source phone, which will be using the mobile data to share on other devices:
- Go to Settings > Tethering and Portable hotspot
- Turn on the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
On the other devices:
- Find the Wi-Fi network of the hotspot by the name setup
- Enter the password of the Wi-Fi network you've set up
- Enjoy the Internet!
Go tethering in these times of abundant data around us, save on mobile data for multiple devices. If you have any questions on tethering, put that in the comments below.